Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

show low_freq cutoff in hspice, help please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunjiao3

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, friends, I am designing a cascoded amplifier. And I wish to evaluate its bandwidth and gain of every stage(differential). I use commands as follows:

.probe AC VOUTDB=PAR('DB(V(out1)+V(out2))-DB(V(in1)+V(in2))')

And then, I read the gain showen in avanwaves and the 3db bandwidth by curser.

Every thing gose well until I want to evaluate the low-frequency cutoff of it. The line seems like 2 steps downwards rather than the proper one of "first rist, then drop". And I have found the circuit is right in other simulators. So, what's wrong with my command?
:cry::cry::cry:
Here are the avanwaves pictures I got.

Dear friends, I changed some options in my netlist and found quite different results.
First, I changed the .option accurate=1
Then, I simulate AC like .AC DEC 1000 1e-6 1G.
The, the first the step of the graph I posted disappeared!!!! It seems to be a flat band from 1e-6 to the -3db frequency, about 137MHz. So, the problem seems come from the simulator and its settings.
So, which one can I trust, and how to set the simulator to get the trustable resutls.
Thank you in advance.

:cry: I feel disappointed to find that there is no answer at all. By the way, I find that while simulating using smartspice, there is no such "downstair stages" at all. The graph seems right. So, which one I can trust? The result of hspice or smartspice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back