Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Should I use SIM800E and SIM800W? Are they discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuppe

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I found couple of odd SIMCOM modules online, but there is very little information available of them. Are these discontinued products? Why doesn't SIMCOM website have any information on these units?

SIM800E and SIM800W.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I'm currently using SIM900, but it has wide range of features I don't use in my final product(LCD,Quad-band etc.), so I decided to change to lower range unit. These SIM800 modules seem to fit well, but I'm curious why there's so little info on them online.
Does anyone know anything about these mysterious modules? Seems to be suspiciously good value.

Or do you have better(=cheaper) idea for minimal GSM chip? I basically need to only use TX and RX pins.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Try SAGEM modules..

What is the exact functionalitys you want in the GSM module??

Both the modules that you had mentioned are discontinued by the manufaturer....

Last edited:

SIM800E would not be major product, SIM800W is better.

I actually contacted Simcom and they stated that neither one of those products work in Europe.
I decided to choose SIM900/908.

I actually contacted Simcom and they stated that neither one of those products work in Europe.
I decided to choose SIM900/908.

Um, if you have fulfilled SIM900/908, it's okay. these are excellent module, too. if not, you can tell me which country do you locate, I can help you check it.

Finland actually, but I'd really need it to cover the whole Scandinavia atleast.
I think the SIM900 is the cheapest one right after those models.

I have already some PCB work done, so I won't switch the model for this run. But it's always good to know as many alternatives as possible so please infrom if you have ideas on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back