Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shell Script Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaledos

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
Can anyone help me to solve this problem in shell scripting because I can't do it

This is the Problem: 1-create a general DMBS where users can:
a.create tables ; mentioning in each table :
i.number of columns in the table
ii.name of each column
iii.datatype if each column
iv.primary key

b.insert data in the created tables taking into consideration whether the column is integer,string and mix

c.delete records
d.modify any record in any table by any column
e.display any named table

2-provide a user friendly interface

Thanks for all

Can anyone help me to start working in this problem ??

I can't help with a script but it seems what you are after is something to create commands to a DBMS. As such it would depend on which DB you are going to use. For example, if you were using mySQL you would take input parameters from the command line, format it into the correct structure for mySQL then invoke the mySQL program through the CLI. In other words, you would just be adding a user friendly face on raw mySQL command lines.

Brian.

Is this going to be for a limited number of users? Might look at something like phpMyAdmin or Navicat.

Status
Not open for further replies.