Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SG3524 full bridge mosfet circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamid159

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone provide me sg3524 fulll bridge circuit...................................

What are you using it for? Is it for converter or inverter? Will the MOSFETs be made up of BJTs or MOSFETs.
The SG3524 IC messed me up sometime ago because it has insufficient dead time and using it to drive MOSFETs directly at hgher frequency created a problem.

Please consider the SG3525 IC which solved the problems listed above.

hy Ogu Reginald,i appreciate your suggestion....i'm making an inverter using mosfets 20n60...... if you have circuit of SG3525....please upload it

Sorry for the question, is it not you that I gave the link to the project in the other thread?

yes it is i that received link in other thread.... but there is one problem minimum supply voltage for SG3525 is 8V as mentioned in datasheet...but in my case my battery voltage drops to 7V due to the transformer load to produce 250V and SG3525 stops to give output....but when i remove transformer it begins to give output....please suggest me what should i do....however i have 12V and 165Ah battery ....its voltage should not decrease but does :-(

The reason why there is no output from the IC when the battery voltage falls down to 7V is that the IC has low voltage lock out to prevent erractic behaviours.
Are you sure that your battery is in good condition for its voltage to fall down to 7V? Why not incorporate a battery sensor to your design to notify you when the battery is runníng down?

Make sure that you are using the voltage regulation capability of the IC through the Pin 1 and Pin 2.

Is your transformer humming?

2 months before i bought the battery...my circuit is simple.i'm not doing anything with error amps....yes transformer is humming but little bit.......this is my circuit which makes the voltage drops down

Attachments

• tl494.bmp
    88.9 KB · Views: 129

2 months before i bought the battery....voltage drops down

Then it must be reqiring charging. A good battery can provide hundreds of amperes without droping voltage to that level. If that high current woud have been passing through your inverter, it would have been burnt and caught fire. Are your battery wires are thick enough.

I dont think your battery is ok and moreover your battery doesn't supposed to go down up to 7 volt at least 10.6volt it shut down the system, otherwise your battery will not last even if its in good condition...

I dont think your battery is ok and moreover your battery doesn't supposed to go down up to 7 volt at least 10.6volt it shut down the system, otherwise your battery will not last even if its in good condition...

Yes, the battery if it is good should not fall below 10.6V.

Yes, the battery if it is good should not fall below 10.6V.
It depend on how you set up the battery cutoff,normally we set it at 10.6v then is shut down the system so if your inverter doesn't have control over low battery then your inverter will keep working even the battery is below 10.6v which will effect the life span of your battery also.

But the circuit you posted is based on tl494 and not SG3524 and also it is not a H bridge.
Just go ahead and a little modification in the circuit in that link that I gave you and say what will happen.

i also have my own homage inverter which is working well with this battery..it is 600watt inverter,,,,,Ogu Reginald,i have tried the circuit that you gave me the link...SG3525 gives output on no load but it could not suffer the transformer load and eventually shutdown

Try testing your transformer to see if it is in good working condition.
Can you upload the circuit of what you did?

Does voltage drop at battery terminal on the inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back