Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setup and hold time considerations in full custom design

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidwabbit

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to design an asynchronous counter using 6 T-flip flops. It is giving a reasonable output but of course with alot of delay. I am going to use some combinational logic for the exact divide ratio i require. I havent done it as yet,have just simulated the 6 flops feeding into each other. Am using Specter to do this
What are the timing considerations i need to look at. How do i know if the circuit is working properly. What should be my setup and hold time requirements. I dont have any given reuqirement so how do i determine it. How is it related to my propagation delay. Any help with these questions and any others i've missed regarding this design approach is greatly appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back