Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setting up user account for Cadence Virtuoso

DefconNowhere

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear EDA/Cad experts:

Can you help me with a resource (e.g., document, tutorial, example or video) on how to setup user accounts and environment for Cadence virtuoso under Linux OS? I have already installed Cadence virtuoso so this is not about tool installation.

I have been on the user side for long time and remember calling scripts that would create a directory, run a shell and provide links to the Cadence installation. The script would allow users to setup their environment. They could call it multiple time with different names and setup multiple environments configured for different version of the tools but all under the same user Linux account.

Now I am on the CAD/EDA side and need to know how to setup and manage user environments as well as allowing them to access different versions, add or remove tools and modules, etc.

Any help or thought on some resources to explain the process is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

DefconNowhere

Last edited:
you need a bash script that will set PATH and LICENSE variables according to what the user wants. this is pretty normal setup, it has not much to do with CAD/EDA. it's just linux.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: