set_app_var simplified_verification_mode . . . what does this attribute do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam.Yakuvitz

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
set_app_var simplified_verification_mode . . . what exactly does this variable do?

Hello,
We've been re-adjusting our set_app_var attributes. Does anybody know what the simplified_verification_mode variable do? We saw a logic bug when this was turned on, so want to know exactly what this does.

-- Adam

Last edited:

Re: set_app_var simplified_verification_mode . . . what exactly does this variable do

Re-pinging this post! Anybody know the answer?
- ay

Hello,
We've been re-adjusting our set_app_var attributes. Does anybody know what the simplified_verification_mode variable do? We saw a logic bug when this was turned on, so want to know exactly what this does.

-- Adam

Re: set_app_var simplified_verification_mode . . . what exactly does this variable do

Doing a simple man on the variable gives a detailed explanation for this variable does. I am not sure why you want to post this in the forum.

> man simplified_verification_mode
DESCRIPTION
Setting this variable to true adjusts optimization inside the tool to
prioritize formal verification compatibility over QoR. This enables
single-pass verification for formal verification to pass with as little
effort as possible. .....

There are ~4-5 paragraphs after this. Please do an man in your tool and read it.

I've got access to the man page. However, we've seen logical bugs after using this switch. I want people to tell me if they've seen any functional bugs happen due to (under) optimization -- ay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…