Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serpentine routing - length missmatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Step100

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

When is it necessary to use serpentine routing to match the length between different traces (e.g. databus and addressbus)?

Is there a common formula to calculate the length missmatch between (e.g. D0 and D7) using serpentine routing?

In my case, the processor is running at 100MHz / rise time and fall time is 2ns and should be connected to an SRAM interface. Maybe it`s too slow to thing about such things, but it would be very helpful to know the basics and the calculations of such things... By the way, I`m not in the position to use any kind of simulation tools.

Perhaps someone know a good application note, pdf or book about these things.

best regards
Step100

hi,
you could generate the total etch length report of the signals and then calculate how much mismatch is there and then correct that.
regards,

Ricky

Anonymous_Ricky said:
hi,
you could generate the total etch length report of the signals and then calculate how much mismatch is there and then correct that.
regards,

Ricky

The mismatch is 40mm between all traces of the databus / adressbus and NRD NWE, CS signals. But I`m not sure if this is too much mismatch or not...

Is there a common way to calculate the maximum mismatch between all datalines, adresslines...? On what terms is it ok to have a mismatch between D0 and D1 of 30mm???

best regards
Step100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back