Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Series RLC circuit at resonance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrMunna

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate a simple series RLC circuit, r= 50 ohm, l = 397nH, and C = 10fF.
This should resonate at 2.5 GHz.
I do a AC sweep (with a source having AC magnitude = 1) for this and plot the voltage across the resistor. Now at 2.5Ghz it shold show me a magnitude of 1 V across the resistor but it shows me a magnitude of only 0.6 V ? Please help

So in terms of dB....the maximum that I am getting is a -4dB peak at 2.5GHz....where as it shold be 0dB at this frrequency. Maybe I am amking a mistake in the simulation setup??? so if someone has at his disposle a circuit simulator can you please simulate it?

SOLVED!

Just posting what was wrong if it may help anyone else :) : When I was doing the AC sweep my step size was very large...which then missed the exact frequency at which the amplitude is indeed 0dB :)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.