Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial port with proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpechman

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how i do to all that i am simulating on proteus virtual terminal be transparent to my hardware com port?
its possible, but i just dont know how to do that.
tks
Daniel

you just need to place a compim from the active lib

set its tx as your rx etc and connect cs etc as per your design

to set up the port you can right click on the compim to make it red then lift click to edit its properties

this is easy
once you know the rx tx swap trick {for full duplex }

Hi,

Also try with different combination of virtual and physical (real) COM port speed. For example if you want to test serial link at 2400 b/s use virtual 2400b/s and physical 9600b/s.

When you use Proteus to simulate with real hardware you don't have unique absolute real time. Prouteus simulation has own simultion real time wich depends on computer process power and simulation process load, e.g. proteus 1s is not uniform and equal to real time 1s so you have two asynshronous machines for communication one virtual and one real with different base times.

You need to experiment to find optimal combination of real and virtual baud rate. In some unmatched cases you can expect PC UART FIFO overflow or real hardware UART FIFO overflow.

I think that Proteus virtual COM port is excelent for testing asynchronous communications.

If your comunication protocol pass Proteus virtual simulation and real hardware communication it will always work with real hardware.

Regards

i need 1 project which will work with both simulator and amulator as well.help me to select the topis as well as projectl

Status
Not open for further replies.