Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial Port Professional PIC Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomad13

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
professional pic programmer

Do anyone tried this programmer? How is it?

As of now I'm looking for a programmer that i can build in replacement to my parallel programmer. The problem today is you cannot find any portable computer with parallel or serial port, so I plan to use FTDI usb to serial converter.

So for any one who have used this programmer can it be used with the usb to parallel converter?

Thanks for your answers.

For additional info of the programmer it is located at https://www.oshonsoft.com/picprogpro.html

Here is the diagram
70_1171355242.jpg

For anyone interested on building the programmer here are the files needed.
1. diagram
2. hex files for 16f628/16f628a 8, 10 and 12 Mhz
3. programming software

If you want other crystal frequency post it here or PM me.

For those who have tried this programmer post your comments here. Thanks

MODRATION BY Fragrance

serial port professional pic programmer

I'm thinking of building this unit. Is there a PCB available? If not, I'll be developing one which will be posted upon completion.

serial port professional pic programmer

I don't have a pcb layout for this. Please post it here after completing it.

I'm doing another programmer it is based on DIY K149C. I just removed the USB part because I'm planning to use a USB to RS232 converter. Does any one tried on doing this. Please post your comment.

I do have the diagram, PCB layout and the software which is needed to do this project. For those who are willing to try this just PM me.

Added after 4 hours 40 minutes:

For any one interested on the modified K149 here are the diagram and board. I use eagle cad to do this.

usb to serial pcb

well iam planning to build this but if iam correct we need a firmware for 16f84a chip on the programmer

you didnt give the code for it so i think all your efforts are a waste unless until u give the code

i would appreciate if u post the code

and one morething the pic on original kit is a 16f628a and your one has 16f 84
so can you explain that part

pic programmer+eagle pcb

Sorry for I have used 16F84 on the diagram it so happen that 16f628 was not available on the library of eagle. Use 16F628 it is pin for pin compatible with 16f84.

For the firmware it is included in the software package. There you will find other programmer such as kit128 it is a USB powered programmer with hex also included.

Hope to hear more from you guys.

universal pic programmer serial port diagram

hey nomad did u make the circuit and if u did can u please let me know if it is working

if you are successful then i will give it a try

i want to try the usb part but i cant get the ftdi chip in hyderabad (india)

so for now i will try the serial port part

parallel port pic programmer

Hello guys, I'll try in this month the Serial Port Professional PIC Programmer. If it works I will post the PCB layout. Wish me luck.
Do anyone knows any other pic programmer? I need serial interface or usb, not parallel.

k149bc,pdf

There are two programmer design in this forum. I haven't try them both but I will as soon as I have all the needed materials.

The later posting is totally different from the first one. I recommend the last one since it is compatible with the usb to rs232 converter on the market.

Happy programming.:D

diagram pic programmer board

Sorry to inform you that I have atteched a wrong PCB Pattern for diy K149. Please verify the board layout from the diagram attached on the software (k149bc.pdf). Please be adviced that i haven't tried this programmer yet because I'm on a process of looking for parts needed by this project. I only do this on my free time.

Again sorry for the mistake. Atached here is the new diagram and board layout.

If you find it incorrect again please inform me.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.