Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] Serial port problem atmega 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoaib.123

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone,
i am facing a major probelm when i want to send data via serial port from atmega32 to computer. i'm using atmel evaluation board by pollin version 2.0.1
there are jumpers for portD and then a max232 after those. i'm able to get pulses on oscilloscope on jumpers for rx,tx and pins for which i'm trying o get output but after max 232 no output.
what can be the issue?
need serious help

Have you put in jumper 1 and 2?
Where do you get the pulses on the rx from?
Have you enabled the UART, and the pins correctly?

Is your software valid?
On the RS232 connector J6, pin 2 is the output, and 3 is the input from the (PC). You should start with nothing connected to J6, and use the oscilloscope to see if there are any life.
If you connect J6.2 and .3 together, you will see what you transmit(tx) on the input (rx).

To get more from us, you need to post the code and maybe a picture of the board setup. We are not psychic you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.