Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial Port and Visual C# question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zohaib

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello forum,
I m building an interface on Visual C# to send data to microcontroller to rotate stepper motor on different angles. Currently i m sending different characters one byte at a time to microcontroller. Microcontroller receiving the ascii code of that character and rotating the motor accordingly. For example if "a" is sent to micro, microcontroller knows that on receiving character "a" it has to move particular degree.

My question is , is there any better approach to do this???

if i have to connect two motors on one port (one motor uses 4 pins ) then how should data be sent to microcontroller to drive two motors irrespective of other one??

It is about resolution of angle you need to rotate, if it is enough for you the methods good and fast. By the way do you want to use same port for two motors and with different rotation task ?

thanx to reply, yes you get it right, it is like 4pins of the port will be totally unrelated to other 4 pins of that port.

there are two different techniques you may use,
1. send one byte data for both motors, LSB motor1 and MSB motor2
2. for example motors are installed on portb do it as PORTB = PORTB & motor2;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back