Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SERIAL-PIC using mikroC/assembly..need some help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

chychy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im trying to get the data from the serial port and make it as an input in pic16f877a but don't know how., since the data transmitted is bit by bit, and i need to get 4 digit input and displayed it to the 7 segments. How can i join every bit of the digit? for instance the first data was 0 then 1 then 0 then 0? how can i integrate those 4 into 0100? please help...

PIC16F877A has an internal USART module that will do all of things that you need.
you should only configure USART of PIC16F877A and define a simple communication protocol.
if you are using MicroC, you can use library functions to setup an UART communication (its the simplest manner).

Reactions: chychy

chychy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
In mikroC, you can use the UART library. You can find out more here:
UART Library (mC PRO for PIC) - Support Center

The output you get is 8-bit (1-byte), so you can process that as required for 7-segment and don't need to worry about single bit data.

Once that's done you can move on to interfacing with 7-segment.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Reactions: chychy

chychy

V

tnx guys., already solve this problem., :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back