Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial Monitor not displaying anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redhat66

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Basically I made the circuit so that when pin 11 is connected to ground, 1 is sent to a serial port. When I run the simulation on proteus, the RX pin of the arduino blinks, but nothing is shown on the display of the virtual terminal. I have tried do many things, but nothing's working. The pictures are below. Thank you.

newSNip.PNGnewSNip2.PNG

I'm not familiar with Arduino code but if that is 'C' you have the program flow wrong.

1. What calls setup() ?
2. Is it supposed to loop?

If you want it to loop you will have to put the code for reading the switch in a 'while(1) {}' function or it will only execute once.

Brian.

Did you configure virtual terminal with 9600 8N1 ?

I only want it to execute once, that's why I used the if statement and not while loop. Also arduino sorts of makes things simpler for its users, so mainly only two methods are used; the setup() where you mainly initialize your pins or, want a block of code to run once. And also loop() where the main code is usually run? At this point, I'm not sure what I'm even doing

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't configure it. I'll try that

1. What calls setup() ?
2. Is it supposed to loop?

The above code complies with the standard usage of Arduino. All 'Init' functions are placed in the Setup() to be executed just once, and the 'running forever' functions are placed in the loop().

I'm not sure what I'm even doing

At first sight, things seems all right.
The only hidden information is the configuration of the virtual terminal.

Could it be that you're forgotten to connect the power in the simulator? As far as your code concerns, this should definitely work on a real Arduino Uno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back