Status
Not open for further replies.

manikandanshine

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sir in my project i use serial interrupt and external interrupt.but i cant use both interrupt at the same time.when i enable the serial interrupt,it doesnot come to main program.program flow went to interrupt section.it doesnt consider other interrupt as well as it doesnt come to main program...here i am using
pic16f877a+hitech c compiler.could anyone help me.......plz......
thanks in advance..........

Hi,
Without seeing your code, its difficult to say whats the problem here .Anyway you can follow one of a method as shown in below, even though its belongs to PIC18F with C18, make necessary changes to your PIC & compiler. Here the controller just enters to Interrupt when a first byte is recieved. After that its manually read the bytes . Also you can go with a complete Interrupt based reading (transferring the recieved bytes to some array)

Code:
PIE1bits.RC1IE = 1;
 INTCON |= 0xC0;         // Set GIE, PEIE

#pragma interrupt InterruptHandlerHigh

void  InterruptHandlerHigh ()
{
   if(PIR1bits.RC1IF)                // if a RX interrupt occured
   {	
	PIE1bits.RC1IE = 0;         // Disable serial interrupt for manual reading  (optional , you can go with complete INT based reading)

*uart_buf = 	RCREG1;     // Read first byte (pointing to an array)
	while((*uart_buf!=0x0D))       // Read data untill 'enter' key is pressed  (this is in my case & you can use any other option)
	{
		 uart_buf++;
		 while(!USART1_DataRdy());
		 *uart_buf = USART1_Read();
	}

*uart_buf = '\0';		// Write null at the end of the string

PIE1bits.RC1IE = 1;     // Enable serial interrupt
	}

Rgds
Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.