Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial flush of arduino equivalent to PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabby21

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

Anyone can help me regarding this? If there is a serial flush equivalent of arduino to pic. I'm using MikroC.

TIA

Did you mean the boot-loading (burning program using two wire serial interface) ? If yes, there is mikroC bootloader for selected PIC controllers.

Did you mean the boot-loading (burning program using two wire serial interface) ? If yes, there is mikroC bootloader for selected PIC controllers.
No sir, i have a different application regarding serial flush of arduino but since im using a PIC together with mikroC compiler, i wonder if there is an equivalent serial flush to PIC.

K i hope its the function ---> Serial.flush()

right?

Use of the function is to Waits for the transmission of outgoing serial data to complete. (Prior to Arduino 1.0, this instead
removed any buffered incoming serial data.

Let me know what you want to do in mikroc?

This Tutorial is PIC serial communication.

You can simply implement serial communication using the mikroc library function functions

Yes sir, your correct. It's the serial.flush() of arduino.

i want to limit the incoming data during transmission. Like if I input 16 characters, and during transmission i want only 13 characters to be process and the rest will be flush.

By using UART functions you can send character by character, it is the way of serial communication. If you are using hyper-terminal whole chars you enterd will be sent to serial port. If you have a dedicated software in your PC for serial communication you have to restrict the sending chars limit to 13, another way is simply receive 16 chars and copy the first 13 to a char array and use it. You cant block 3 chars by using flush i think, it clears the serial data register only, which contain only one received character. Go through the tutorial and work it out in simulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.