Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial data transmission (PC to microcontroller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uvaraj6

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
serial data transmission

i am doing a project by using mobile phone bluetooth to control the home appliances...

can anyboby say wat are all the ways i can send data through pc"s serial port... to a microcontroller... is there any software is to send data through the serial port

Re: serial data transmission

Dear uvaraj6,

i am doing a project by using mobile phone bluetooth to control the home appliances...

can anyboby say wat are all the ways i can send data through pc"s serial port... to a microcontroller... is there any software is to send data through the serial port

You were not clear to me wen you talk both bluetooth and pc's serial port and microcontroller.

I did a small project of sending 5 data frames (8-bit each) to a microcontroller in VC++ of Visua Studio (v6) platform and it worked seamlessly....

If you are more clear may be I can be of some help.

sai

serial data transmission

k i will say clearly...

currently i am doing a project by using mobile phone bluetooth to control the home appliances...
i am in confusion where to start...
my idea is sending 4 bit code through the mobile phone bluetooth which is received by the pc by using bluetooth tongle . that 4 bit code is sent from pc to the microcontroller through the serial port .. by recognizing that 4 bit code the microcontroller will control the appliances...

can u give me a good suggestion...

serial data transmission

Hi,
You can use ur serial port with a MAX232 to connect t a microcontroller. For the data transmission you can develop an application with VC++ or delphy to transmit or receive data. You can eaven use directly hyperterminal of windows.

Just a remark :

MAX232 is obsolete, due it have ripple problem at negative internal bias voltage generator. Use MAX233 or SIP233, instead.

+++

Dear Friend,

The good news is that YES I can help...

The Code that i developed (say 2 yrs ago) is still with me...I can assure you it can quite be modified to suit our (...er...I mean your..!!!) purpose. your idea is quite interesting and I can bet the movement you are able to through your communication till PC end, your job is almost done....

Just out of curiosity....what kind of u-controller yu are using...??? Is it already programmed to 'Rx' and imlement the 4-bit code..??

Ican uplink the said code as soon as you want..!!

All the best...!!!!

Sai

Added after 14 minutes:

Friend just to add... I used RS-232 standard (9-pin connector) and can support 92600 bits/sec and which iam sure is more than sufficient for yur purpose..

Bye

serial data transmission

Hi uvaraj6
u r using the pc serial port and then u will connect it with the uc serail port whynot if u remove the pc and directly interface a bluetooth module with the uc.
i m also doing this project if u r interesting then v can help each other.

if u want to use the pc then remove the microcontroller and use the pc parallel port.

bye

use matlab software its more useful

Your question is incomplete ...

please tell me which Microcontroller you are using and what type of serial communication it supports ......

As you are using the serial port of PC that's why Rs232 communication line you are going to use , am I right ?

Added after 2 minutes:

yo u can use any serial component in vb to directly use the serial of Pc to communicate with Micro controller else you can go for Matlab serial simulator ...

But you have to configure the port according to your requirement ....

can any one please send me source code and documentation for PC BASED HOME APPLIANCES CONTROL USING SERIAL PORT???? pleasssssssssss....my mail id is kotgire.mohan@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back