Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial Communication using PIC18F

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayazahmed

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Friends Does any know how to communicate serialy using PIC microcontroller?

what type of communication you want,
PIC to PC or
PIC to PIC

Thanx 4 the reply. First i need to know PIC 2 PC communication. Is there any way to eliminate MAX232 IC from circuit. I have power problems also. Also tel me some useful links if u can.

I want to make some usb type device which gets power and data from pc. I know usb is the best choice for that because it gives 2.25W approx. power at 500mA, which is sufficient for my project but i dont know any thing about usb interfacing and i have also heard that it is very complex.

So i want to do this project using serial communication. Plz help me to solve this problem

Use Max 232 with supply 5V. There are 2 types of serial nowadays, one direct from desktop which shouldn't give you any problem and the other is by using a USB to Serial Converter. Some cheap converters do not work. To test whether it is working, short RX and TX pin on the serial, you should get echo on your Hyper Terminal. Once you know it is working, then , read on PIC on how to configure the I/O pins etc. After that, you should test your coding whether it is transmitting or receiving the character orstring you want. Baud rate may be of problems. If wrong baud rate, then weird characters may appear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.