Not open for further replies.

abeltyukov

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to design a circuit using 2 positive edge-triggered t flip flops w/synchronous active high reset and CE. The inputs that I am given are INPUT, CLR and CLK and the outputs are Q0, Q1 and RCO. Here's what I have for the code so far:

Code:
entity sequential is
    Port ( INPUT : in  STD_LOGIC;
           CLR : in  STD_LOGIC;
           CLK : in  STD_LOGIC;
           Q0 : buffer  STD_LOGIC;
           Q1 : buffer  STD_LOGIC;
           RCO : out  STD_LOGIC);
end sequential;

architecture Behavioral of sequential is
signal CE0: STD_LOGIC;
signal CE1: STD_LOGIC;

begin

process (CLK)
begin
   if CLK'event and CLK='1' then  
      if CLR='1' then   
         Q0 <= '0';
      elsif CE0 ='1' then
         Q0 <= not(Q0);
      end if;
   end if;
end process;

process (CLK)
begin
   if CLK'event and CLK='1' then  
      if CLR='1' then   
         Q1 <= '0';
      elsif CE1 ='1' then
         Q1 <= not(Q1);
      end if;
   end if;
end process;
end Behavioral;

I need to add code to my design to generate the flip flop excitations (CE0 and CE1) and the output (RCO). This is the part I am getting stuck on. Did I do the right thing and replace <clock enable> in the skeleton code for the t flip flop with CE0 and CE1? Also, should I declare CE0 and CE1 as signals like I did above? I am not sure how to generate CE0 and CE1 excitations but I was thinking something along the lines of CE0 <= CLK and INPUT. Is that correct? If so, would I do CE1 <= CLK and Q0? Where does RCO come in in all of this?

Thanks!

CE0 and CE1 should be the j/k ff (T FF)input equations, your declaration is correct, you need to assign values for them.. look at project one for the equations.. RCO is your 3 to 8 decoder selected output... as far as i remember its something like q0 and q1 and input or the q0' q1' and input' because you select y0 and y7 from the decoder.. the only thing i am not sure of is the clock enable thing.. thats actually how i got to this page, was googling stuff hoping to find what that clock enable thingy is.. limme know if you figure that clock_enable thing out.. gluck

Status
Not open for further replies.