Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sensor interface to the adc port of micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethankp

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Interfacing analog sensor to the micro adc port
Hi,
I have got a new soil temperature sensor (THERM200)from vegetronix.

I tried to interface this to the micro controller's adc port (8051), but it changes the volatge at the adc port when i conect this sensor ,.
first I have verifed adc by providing some extrenal analog voltage , it was giving coorect i.e adc conversion was correct . Here I have checked the volatge of ADC pin with oyt connecting any sensors, its gives 3.3v.

THERM200 sensor outputs from 0 to 2.4v, and
at normal temperature it gives 1.5v , when i connect to the micro it was giving 3.1v at i/p of adc port so adc convertion is also 3.1.
Here link for the above sensor
Soil Temperature Sensor Probes ..

pls help.
regards
chethan

why this is sensor changing that volatge?

which 8051 controller r u using? nd r u using an external adc? pls see that you have the ground common for sensor as well as the controller.

hi. are you really required to use 8051?. because ive tried to interface analog sensors with a PIC microcontroller that has an internal ADC(PIC16F877A). and had no problems with it. if you're interested i could give the schematic as well as the codes that i found through the internet..

internal or external does not matter here.... see the sensor outputvoltage scale and operating voltage rating.. maybe the sensor is loading the port pin... take care not to damage ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back