Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sensor for thermal imaging security system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibtain

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello every body i need help on this security system i am developing actually i intend to continuously repositiobn my camera by thermal imaging or something that you will suggest, whenevr a person is detected in a room now what kind of sensors can i use i will use at89c51 for this

Re: thermal imaging

A number of IR sensors are available in the market that can be used. I have used one such chinese made IR sensor, which uses 220V ac and gives out a 220V ac signal as output once some movement is detected. This signal can be used to activate any code sequence from the 89C51 that you wish to use..
I hope this would be of help to you.

One simple approach to this issue is to use two, or more, standard miniature security IR sensors, which are off-the-shelf items and therefore inexpensive, and position them in such a way that each covers certain section of room ..
Even if they overlap a little bit, the microcontroller can easily "decide" how to re-position your video camera ..

Regards,
IanP

Sibtain

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thanks for the reply i will keep working on this and will send you the results if i succeed in making this bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back