Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sensor Body to ENU transformation Matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

saravians

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I am using smartphone accelerometer and orientation sensors for pedestrian dead reckoning( to detect the steps taken). Orientaion sensors give me three values Yaw (Rotation around Zaxiz) , pitch (Rotation around x axiz), Roll (otation around (y axiz).

I am using the following roation matrix for transforming from body to ENU coordinates. (reference from a book, Global positioning systems, inertial navigation, and integration)

Ir=[sin(Y)*cos(P);cos(Y)*cos(P);sin(P)];
Ip=[cos(R)*cos(Y)+sin(R)*sin(Y)*sin(P);-cos(R)*sin(Y)+sin(R)*cos(Y)*sin(P);-sin(R)*cos(P)];
Iy=[-sin(R)*cos(Y)+cos(R)*sin(Y)*sin(P);sin(R)*sin(Y)+c os(R)*cos(Y)*sin(P);-cos(R)*cos(P)];
R=[Ir Ip Iy];
Ar=R*Ab
I want to resolve the problem of tilting in mobile. I mean if i keep mobile in my hand (facing upwardand) stationary, the acelerometer gives me reading A_enu= ( 0 0 -g). where g is the accelertaion due to gravity. If i tilt the mobile then there will be reading along other axis also e.g A_b=( x y z), I want to transform this tilted acceleration vector to ENU reference frame. My question is that when I transform to ENU(East North UP) frame should I get the values of acceleration like (0 0 -9.8) and also the rotation matrix that I am using is correct?right now i am getting confused results with this RM

many Thanks
ravi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back