Status
Not open for further replies.

renguo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm planning to make a small project based on microchip's application note on interleaved power factor correction at **broken link removed**

However, instead of using high voltage, my input is just 5-9 Vpeak and output is 15 V, since this is just a small project. Therefore, I think I can make my circuit simpler (the complete circuit does look overwhelming!) since there's no need for isolation due to high voltage.

So in what ways do you think can I simplify the circuit? I have some ideas but I'm not sure if they're even valid!

1. replace current transformers with other types of current sensors (perhaps even just a small resistor?)? I've attached a screenshot of the said current transformer used in the design

2. do you think I can just replace the resistor-based current sensor with amplifier with just a single resistor and input it directly to the microcontroller? I've attached another screenshot of this part of the circuit.

Thanks, and sorry if I sound so noob

And one more thing, if indeed I can use resistors and input it directly to the microcontoller, is it possible to amplify the signal internally since the voltage measured will probably be very small?

Attachments

• current sensor.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…