Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending data to a phyisical Serial port using Proteus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali.B

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sending data to a physical Serial port using Proteus.

I'm sending some bytes from a PIC16F877A to a COMPIM in proteus.

The COMPIM's properties are set for COM1.

COM1 is the only physical port I have (Although I don't know where is this port on my desktop).

I'm trying to read the bytes using HyperTerminal.

HyperTerminal doesn't show anything.

When using a Virtual Port (VSPE), everything works perfectly.

Capture.PNG

Re: Sending data to a physical Serial port using Proteus.

If you have real hardware then connect it to COM1 port and it will work. If you want COM1 port to work with Proteus then you need to map that port to some other port like COM5 and then set COM5 for COMPIM.

Re: Sending data to a physical Serial port using Proteus.

If you have real hardware then connect it to COM1 port and it will work. If you want COM1 port to work with Proteus then you need to map that port to some other port like COM5 and then set COM5 for COMPIM.

Using VSPE I selected "Splitter", this is the only option I see that connects a Physical Port to a Virtual Port, then I made COMPIM COM2, then I sent data, but nothing shows up on COM1, is this the right way?

get eltima's virtual serial port driver (VSPD) software
then add pair of port 1 and any other port say port 3 (must not be in use by PC) by using add pair button.
now set compim as port 1
and hyper terminal software as port 3
send the data from proteus and will display on hyper terminal.

hope this helps.
regards ANJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back