Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sending a binary file through hyperterminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkyrocks1z

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sending binary over hyperterminal

Hi.. I am a beginner at microcontrollers.. Is there a way to send a binary file to a pic microcontroller through rs232 from the hyperterminal?? I was able to send button press on key board to PIC successfully but not a file. all I need is a way to send a binary file to PIC..
please help..
thank you...

read binary hyperterminal

thank you..
Does any body have a code for PIC24FJ128GA010 microprocessor that takes care of xmodem protocol??

hyperterminal +sending binary files

The Hyperterminal function "send text file" exactly does what you intend: Send a file as is (binary).

hyperterminal intel hex file send

i want to send a exe file not a text file.. I want a code for PIC24FJ128GA010 microprocessor to recieve the data and store it into a flash memory..

view binary in hyperterminal

Yes. You initially told, you want to send a binary file through Hyperterminal. If your uP firmware expects the file as unencoded binary, than you have to use "send text file". The problem is of course to identify exactly the start and end of file, and to detect transmission errors. Thus binary files are often send encoded (e.g. as Intel hex), or using a protocol as X/Y/ZMODEM, that adds a transport and error detection layer to the data transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.