Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SEND .TXT file PC to PC with XBEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bir1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is this possible? please help me.

Yes.

The XBee Series 1 operates in Transparent Mode by default, acting as a virtual serial cable replacement.

If you configure the PC Apps to work correctly with a serial cable, the serial cable can be replaced by a pair of XBee Series 1 modules.

BigDog

i have xbee series 2 modules and i want to sent and recieve .txt, world, excel files etc. if i use X-CTU terminal x modem transfer, can i sent theese file?

Yes.

Although, it may require some reconfiguration.

Can you successfully transmit and receive between the pair now?

BigDog

no i didn't success. i opened 'X-CTU, terminal, x modem transfer' and open my .TXT files and i pushed send button but nothing happened. what reconfiguration i must require?

Using the terminal window, can you type some characters in at one end and have them received at the other.

What I am attempting to determine is whether or not the two modules have successfully formed a link.

BigDog

two modules have successfully formed a link. i send text message using the terminal window and recieve by the other module. but i want send/recieve as a file.

Good.

If the file is purely ASCII text, use of the Xmodem transfer protocol is not necessary.

You can use one of the freely available terminal emulation programs or an app which comes with OS, like Hyperterminal to transfer the file.

The important issue is make sure the PC's serial ports are configure to match the BAUD rate of the XBees, along with the appropriate hardware flow control.

Or

If the terminal emulation software offers a text capture mode, you can use the old DOS commands at the transmission side:

MODE COM3 9600,N,8,1,P
COPY C:\Example.txt COM3

And capture the text into a file using the terminal emulation software at the other end.

Or

You can use a free utility like the following:

The DM-Link application was developed to be a serial port file copy utility. DM-Link requires no special setup/ installation or DLLs, which makes it unobtrusive on your system unlike so many other file copy utlities.

DM-Link 3.1.2: Free Download

There are numerous options, just make sure you configure both XBee and PC Serial Port to use the same BAUD rate, Stop bits, Parity bits, etc.

BigDog

hey I am able to configure two xbee modules using X-CTU terminal and both of them have successfully established a link..But I want to send a text file from one xbee module to other using X-CTU terminal..There is option of opening and sending file in X-CTU--(Click on terminal tab, then on Xmodem tab above), but of no use.Its not showing any progress.

pls help me..how can i send my file wirelessly.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back