Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Selling my Product through Distributors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProEngineer

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ok, so I have a product that I think has some market potential. I'm an engineer for a company that manufactures their own products so I have a good grasp of how much my product will cost to produce. I also know how much I need to sell it to cover my overhead and make a reasonable profit.

While I could sell it on-line through my own web site, I realize that I can get more exposure and greater sales if I sell through distributors like Sparkfun, Electronics123, Jameco, et al. I may also sell it on my own but don't want to undercut my distributors prices.

I was wondering if any of you have any experience selling products through that sort of channel. If so, what kind of mark-up do they apply? Do you know what kind of quantities they purchase at one time. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I need to sell my product for about $100. It's a development board for a market that isn't well addressed at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.