Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

self biased current mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

brain79

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
on my avatar i show a self biased current mirror, i had been studing this circuit, but i have still one question, how, exactly, does it comes on estability.

If you add couple resistors: a low (sub) ohm resistor R1 between a voltage sources and Q4 S, which may be used to measure current from the source and another one (~100ohm) from the same source to Q3 S.

These component will help in the analysis, and you'll see the current through R1 is reflected through resistor R.

sonic is right, but when i turn on a self biased current mirror, how the current become stable?
i had been reading papers about this, but is still my question, betwen turned on and current stable, what hapens?

you need a feedback to stabalize , so add an opamp.

Hi brain,
when turned on, ofcourse there will be transient current
This can be different from steady state current determined by R and multiplication factor K. Finally when the feedback loop action comes into picture it will finaly settle to steady state current.

Why does any other feedback is required to stabilize the circuit?

regards,
sudhir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back