Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeking xenon flash tube datasheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizedale

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

We are seeking the datasheets for the following xenon tube part numbers, but cannot find them.

AGA0017 DDS2
BGA 0329 DDS1
AGA 0025 DDS1
AGA 0017 DDS4

These xenon tubes used to be made by Perkin Elmer, but i think now by Excelitas:-

The above mentions the "AGA0017" bit of the part number but nothing else.

We inherited these products and BOMs from a company that has now closed, and are trying to modify the circuits , but need the xenon flash tube datasheets.

i spoke about this before in this thread but we sidetracked to another subject.
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/255421/

Although the name has changed, the company (originally Heimann) is situated in Wiesbaden/Germany since 60 years or more. You should be able to get the required information if you ask for.

I have just requested to flashlamps.europe@excelitas.com

.....though i am surprised that the datasheets are not on the website.

So i assume "Heimann" became "Perkin Elmer" then changed name again to "Excelitas"?

Last edited:

FvM:
Although the name has changed, the company (originally Heimann) is situated in Wiesbaden/Germany since 60 years or more. You should be able to get the required information if you ask for.

Ar eyou sure Excelitas is in Weisbaden in Germany?.....because in desperation at not being able to contact Excelitas, i have contaced one of their competitors, and they wrote
back to me from......yes....Weisbaden In Germany

-but they are called strobelamps.com (advanced strobe products) and are not excelitas.

Have Excelitas been hijacked by a rival who has swallowed them up?.....there cannot surely be two rival xenon flash tube manufacturers in the same town?.....you'd struggle to find them anywhere in the world.

Advanced Strobe Products GmbH
Kreuzberger Ring 44a
65205 Wiesbaden
Germany

Last edited:

I have been working with Heimann and their successors in other fields (pyroelectric detectors) and a customer is still using the products. I didn't hear anything about Excelitas going out of business.

My ultimate suggestion is a phone call to (+49) 611 492 430.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back