Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeking the solutions of high speed interconnection

Status
Not open for further replies.

X.Y.

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Seeking the solutions of high speed interconnection for the long distance transmission of 3.3v/24MHz signals.
We need to connect a CMOS image sensor and a FPGA chip. The distance between them is approximately 1 meter. The output signal of the sensor is 3.3v and 24MHz. However, the length of the original cable of it is only 1 centimeter, so it should be prolonged. If they are connected by a cable directly, the signal would attenuate greatly which will cause the system doesn’t work. In my opinion, an interconnecting circuit should be added between the sensor and the FPGA chip to process the signal before and after the transmission. By now, the methods I have found are as follows:
1, Using LVDS signal Transceiver and Receiver
The drawback of the method is: there are more than 10 bits signals, which need many of this kind of chips. It will take too much place in PCB and it also cost much.
2, Using chips of Serializer and Deserializer.
Both Maxim and National Semiconductor have such chips such as MAX9247 and DS90C241. It is a good method. Unfortunately the solution is fired by my tutor because these chips are expensive.

My question is whether there are any other solutions? More cheap will be better. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back