Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seat occupancy detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireplus

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
seat occupancy

hi,
i need to monitor the status of a seat
is there are any sensor can do this job

thanks for every body wants to help

Fire in the Wrie :idea:

pressure sensor seat occupation -patent

Can you modify the seat? If so a pressure sensor would work. If not, an IR sensor pointed at the seat might work.

seat detectors at work

try to put a pressure sensor. i think it should work

seat occupancy detector

Another modification is two metal plates. Measure the capacitance between them. It will be larger when the human body is near them.

capacitance,seat occupancy detection,how

Yet pressuire sensor has to be protective to agressive environment including toxin gas and be robust enough to extreme mechanical force)

We also can make very intelligent sensor capable of giving object recognition indication to object being measured . We goes as in case of flatulent suggestion number 2 , but measure current instead of capacitance by supplying AC through elektrodes.
AC voltage should be granularly increased untill desired value of measurement indication to object is achieved.)
Putting microphone will implemented closed loop feedback system - so sensor will catch also object reaction to measurement attempt.)
Also microphone can be used to start air pump in case of aggresive gas pollutions )

... possibilities are infinite (c)

A joke method woudl be to put a high tension voltage on the plates and have an audio sensor to detect the yelp.

thanks for your replay,
but all i need is something simple and cheap
when the seat occupied it give a digital signal (high / low )
maybe i can use a comparator circuit

thanks for every boady wants to help

Fire in the wire :idea:

fireplus, what are you going to compare by comparator ?

hi ahmed said , try to use a simple microswitch

hi,
i can use a comparator with analoge force sensor
when the force larger than a certain load the comparator stage will change
to low or high according to design circuit

mmohamed15 do you have a recommendation of microswitch fit with the flat seat layout?
please if any body have a link for such sensors please post it

thanks for every body wants to help :idea:

Fire in the Wrie :idea

there is a number of microswitches ,but you will not find them in egypt it is very similar to the small push switch that you find the local market but ,it is smaller and more sensitive i will try to find a picture for it and i will upload it ASAP

I don't why u people are making simple problem so complex.
Simply put transmitter in one arm of seat & transmitter in other.
You can use simple IR led for transmission & TSOP1738 for reception.
I hope this'll help.
Bye

the IR sensor have a lot of problems , senstivity to sun light , small range ,high cost , ....etc

i need a very chip solution

thanks for every body wants to help

Fire in the Wire :idea:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back