Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SDHC card detection pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul Soni

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is is mandatory to use CD pin of SDHC interface. In my processor, SDHC_CD pin is multiplexed with IIC_CLK (I2C CLOCK) and I want to use both IIC and SDHC. Can I use this pin as I2C_CLK. Will it effect SDHC protocol if I use this pin as IIC+CLK instead of SDHC_CD?

Are you asking about the processor pin or the card pin?

In case you are using 4-bit SD mode, CD/DAT3 is a mandatory pin which must be connected to the dedicated processor interface pin.
It can be unconnected for 1-bit SD mode.

In SPI mode, the pin works as CS and must be used, but would be connected to a GPIO.

2015-09-04_18-46-02.jpg

I am asking about processor pin. CD pin is not multiplexed with DAT3 ... Ir is multiplexed with IIC pin ... processor is ls2085.

Is it mandatory to use CD pin ?

The definition of CD pin with the Freescale processors seems to lay outside the SDHC specification. The processor is e.g. providing a 8-bit data interface which could be used for MMC but not SDHC.

I answered the question from the SDHC perspective, I don't know the requirements imposed by the Freescale interface operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.