Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SD card spi write & Kingston elite pro 512MB card proble

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoomVortex

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I have been trying to write data on my Kingston elite pro 512MB SD card but write always fails. SPI mode initialization works ok and I can read the card size and card responds 0x00 to write command.

Problem is that I get CRC error response or no response at all depending from do i deassert&assert CS after write command.

With Sandisk 2GB micro SD card everything works and i can write and read data.

Sandisk micro SD 2GB write sequence:

And strange thing is that Kingston card responds CRC error sooner depending from dummy byte count. So it seems that card doesn´t even wait for the start token 0xFE and assumes data begin after command response.

Here is the Kingston write command (CMD24) WITHOUT CS deassert&assert which always returns CRC error:

Kingston CRC error response:

Kingston write command (CMD24) WITH CS deassert&assert and no response :

Has anyone else had similar kind of problem? I have tried changing clock speed between 200kHz - 6 MHz but no help.

Re: SD card spi write & Kingston elite pro 512MB card pr

Ok, problem solved. MOSI needs to be HIGH when card is responding, a lesson learned. Now read and write works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.