Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sd card interface with lpc2148

Status
Not open for further replies.

shruv

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Just starting off on this project. first question,is eclipse software required or keil will do?
And if eclipse ide is needed,what is it being used for?
what is that keil can't support which eclipse can?

Use keil compiler which is easy to use and eclipse require add on and plug in's.
for interfacing sd-card you will need to use SPI-protocol which support SD-card.

Reactions: shruv

shruv

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Use keil compiler which is easy to use and eclipse require add on and plug in's.
for interfacing sd-card you will need to use SPI-protocol which support SD-card.

Thank you!

2 questions
1. Is SPI required or SSP,will both work?
2.I've downloaded the Chan's fat file system,how do i attach it to my program file in keil and create a executable for the controller?

SPI interface could be best as it requires 4 pin to interface. and on FAT file system i have not worked yet.

SPI interface could be best as it requires 4 pin to interface. and on FAT file system i have not worked yet.

Your suggesting,that I could deal with the SD card without file system? That would be great. In all the articles I've read,they've mentioned the file system that goes along with it.

Actually, It's totally depend on your application bcoz if you need to handle different kinda files then you definately go for FAT FS.
but if you want to store some data only as Number and names regardless of files then no need of FAT FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back