Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scrolling the text on GLCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

misnomerfrenzy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

It seems to be a cliche to ask code help for scrolling display. But, mostly the help is available for scrolling LED display or Char LCD display.

I am using 128x64 GLCD on which we write data using column scanning. So, scrolling of data from left to right or right to left is easy and I have implemented code for it.

But, I dont know how to scroll data from down to up and vice versa.

I have declared a buffer

Code:
//u8Row max value 63; u8Column max value 128
 G_u8DisplayRAM[u8Row][u8Column];

For horizontal scorlling, I follow this method...

Code:
for(u8Index= u8StartColumn; u8Index<u8EndColumn; u8Index++)
G_u8DisplayRAM[u8Row][u8Index] = G_u8DisplayRAM[u8Row][u8Index+1];  //left to right
OR
G_u8DisplayRAM[u8Row][u8Index] = G_u8DisplayRAM[u8Row][u8Index-1]; //right to left

However, for vertical scrolling following logic cant work
Code:
for(u8Index= u8StartRow; u8Index<u8EndRow; u8Index++)
{
  for (u8Column=u8StartColumn; u8Column < u8EndColumn; u8Column++)
  {
     G_u8DisplayRAM[u8Index][u8Column] = G_u8DisplayRAM[u8Index+1][u8Column];  //up to down
     OR
     G_u8DisplayRAM[u8Index][u8Column] = G_u8DisplayRAM[u8Index-1][u8Column]; //down to up
   }
}

If possible, please let me know the algorithm or sample code which can scroll text in vertical direction

Status
Not open for further replies.