Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematics of analog LC-meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiffMaster

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am looking for a schematic for an Analog L-meter (inductance meter).
Please note that I am not looking for something that use a microcontroler as AADE LC-meter.
I remember that I saw while ago in a magazine an Analog inductance-meter using only a few op-amps and the output was a DC voltage that you can read with a voltmeter (analog or digital).
I found on the net this one, but for some reasons do not function properly for low inductances:
http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public/TestEquip/IndMeterAdapter.htm

thanks

l meter circuit

hope this helps..

**broken link removed**

RiffMaster

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
inductance meter schematic

Hello,
Just to let you know that I’ve tested these circuits and both works okay.
The first one is more stable and I was able to measure a minimum inductance of 10 nano Henry, after calibration. Have better stability probably because is using a crystal oscillator. Instead of 100kHz crystal I used 1MHz divided by 10.
With second circuit I was able to measure a minimum inductance of 1micro Henry.
Regards

l meter schematic

Another possibility is this LC meter:
**broken link removed**
It has 1nH resolution.

The advantage of L meter according to my first link is that resistance of inductor has no influence on precision. This is because of quadrature detector it uses.

lc meter schematic

Borber,
I know this circuit that is based on AADE design (originally using PIC16C622) and which is working very nice down to 1nH.
But as I said in my first post, for a particular application I was looking for a schematic without microcontroller.
thanks

l9 meter wiring

I made LC-meter similar to AADE design but I have problem with stability.

I have big frequency swing like modulation or something similar.

Did somebody notice such behaviour ? I tried to change several components but it looks it did not help...

Can somebody help me ?

build a simple l-meter

RiffMaster;
You didn't specify what range of measurement you were looking for, but for a design using fixed oscillators, which can certainly be scaled up or down, you might take a look at Monty's website here:
**broken link removed**
Lots of other useful items on his site as well.

Mike

analog inductance meter

RiffMaster said:
Hello,
Just to let you know that I’ve tested these circuits and both works okay.
The first one is more stable and I was able to measure a minimum inductance of 10 nano Henry, after calibration. Have better stability probably because is using a crystal oscillator. Instead of 100kHz crystal I used 1MHz divided by 10.
With second circuit I was able to measure a minimum inductance of 1micro Henry.
Regards

Hello RiffMaster:
As you did the above two circuits, so can you please tell me how did you get (or make) the 6-way swich in the first schematic,
Thanks,
Ahmad,

measure nanohenry

Hello RiffMaster:
As you did the above two circuits, so can you please tell me how did you get (or make) the 6-way swich in the first schematic,
Thanks,
Ahmad,[/quote]

I was interested to build the circuit only for one scale (the lowest one), so I don’t use a multi-position connector.
Probably could be used any oscilloscope type connector, that have two slots and multi-positions.

nanohenry measure

RiffMaster said:
can you please tell me how did you get (or make) the 6-way swich in the first schematic,
- Probably could be used any oscilloscope type connector, that have two slots and multi-positions.

Okay, then how can what's the Oscilloscope type connector, and where can i get it?
Or how can I use another thing as an equivalent to that connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back