Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematics for Asus X540sa

waldemar41

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need schematics for Asus x540sa or if someone would help me locate BIOS chipset on the motherboard. The motherboard doesn't detect HDD or Optical drive and I have to reprogram. I tried to flash BIOS but it didn't help at all, I tried to remove battery and discharge the power, I tried to change configurations in BIOS by disabling security and enabling legacy. All these haven't helped.

Thank you. I tried live bootable USB Hiren's with all possible fixing options. But it didn't recognize my HDD inside the laptop.
The problem is that the motherboard doesn't detect HDD or Optical Drive at all. All though, they are working once connected to motherboard as I can hear the sound of both.
However, I tried to reset the power even while removing the battery etc. I also tried to disabled Security in BIOS too and enabled Legacy but this also didn't work. I flash BIOS with USB from Asus website as well.
I checked the voltage across the motherboard and it is correct, 19 volts and 5volts around HDD bridge.
Someone advised to reprogram a BIOS chipset by special USB CH34 or something but first I have to locate a BIOS Chipset on motherboard. I can't find any schematics online to trace this chipset. Do you know any free online websites with schematics??? I know it is not the newest Asus but there might still be somewhere.

I need to locate BIOS chipset on Asus x540SA motherboard as this motherboard doesn't detect HDD or Optical drive. I tried to resolve the issues but all have failed so far. I flashed BIOS with USB from Asus website but it hasn't solved the problem but it has updated the BIOS only without any progress. The BIOS is corrupted or damaged coz it causes the battery not charging too not to mention the time in BIOS doesn't want to set up permanently.
Someone advised me to reprogram BIOS Chipset with CH34 USB but I have to locate the chipset first on motherboard.

Does anyone know any sites with schematics or have a schematics for X540SA???

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: