Schematic for PIC16C71 connected to MAX232 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

kseng2002

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need a Schematic for PIC16C71 connected to MAX232 ! I mean i also need the full schematic of the PIC 16C71 itself and then the connection to the MAX 232 ! Can anyone help me ? Thx ! :wink:

The pic 16c71 does not have a built in UART .. so you are free to use any pins .But you should do the UARTs in software .I assume that you are a newbie .. I suggest you visiting the MICROCHIP web site and look for this app note ..

eltonjohn said:
The pic 16c71 does not have a built in UART .. so you are free to use any pins .But you should do the UARTs in software .I assume that you are a newbie .. I suggest you visiting the MICROCHIP web site and look for this app note ..

I agree with eltonjohn, but if you are looking for a basic circuit visit this link
**broken link removed**
Although it uses the 16F84 the circuitry will give you an idea as to how the level converter needs to be connected.

Good luck

Actually i haf go through for the Application Notes for the PIC16C71. But there is only simple connection. If i follow the connection as the application notes, it is gonna work ?

I'm using PIC16C71 as 3 channel A/D converter for my project as to measured the input voltage then can display the measured voltage at the PC. I want to connect the PIC16C71 to MAX 232A then i use RS-232 to interface to my pc serial port.

My problem is if i use RA0, RA1 & RA2 as my analogue input, the how i gonna output the value after i digitalize it at the PIC PORTB (RB0-RB7) ? Am i need to use all the PORTB as my output ? I mesn how many output do i haf at the last ?

If it is like that, then how i gonna connect to the MAX232A as there are only 2 input for CMOS/TTL & i'm using 3 channel of the PIC.

Do i need to write any programme for the RS-232 to interface to the PC?

Thx ~ !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…