Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic and Board Design Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hassan Munir

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to increase my skills on schematic capture board design. Most books I read are focused on integrated circuits. However, instead of knowing what is happening inside the IC's I want to know once ICs are bought, how to connect them using circuitry as necessary as seen in schematic below. What are some
ways I can learn this type of circuit design and not IC design. I have some idea about it such as the fact that capacitors are used in power supply to avoid ripple/ ringing of the power supply , so that smooth DC voltage will enter the IC , however how do I know what value of capacitor to use. Typical schematics have 100nF, .1 uF, 1uF, 10 uF, but I wan't to understand why. I want understand not just about the capacitor use but the overall interfacing such as the one shown in the schematic below. Please Help

Hi,

I want to increase my skills on schematic capture board design. Most books I read are focused on integrated circuits. However, instead of knowing what is happening inside the IC's I want to know once ICs are bought, how to connect them using circuitry as necessary as seen in schematic below. What are some
ways I can learn this type of circuit design and not IC design. I have some idea about it such as the fact that capacitors are used in power supply to avoid ripple/ ringing of the power supply , so that smooth DC voltage will enter the IC , however how do I know what value of capacitor to use. Typical schematics have 100nF, .1 uF, 1uF, 10 uF, but I wan't to understand why. I want understand not just about the capacitor use but the overall interfacing such as the one shown in the schematic below. Please Help

Many common ICs will have application circuits in their datasheets. I would start by looking at the datasheets of the ICs that you would like to use for your project. If you are planning on using a microcontroller, there are a ton of online resources for this as well. Find some example DIY projects and tutorials that build simple circuits using microcontrollers. Once you find a project that you would like to put on a PCB, start by designing, constructing, and testing the circuit on a breadboard. Once you have tested the design, you can take steps to put it on a PCB.

There are alot of different Schematic Capture / Layout programs; each have their pros and cons. The one that is shown above is EagleCAD. As with the other topics, there are a ton of helpful tutorials and examples on how to perform schematic capture and board layout.

Once you actually have a project in mind, feel free to come back with specific questions and we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Willis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back