Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scattering Cross Section - Comsol

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacobito

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I am trying to find the best way to calculate the scattering cross section in COMSOL for a 2-D cylinder. I eventually will move to 3-D spheres and cylinders. What I have is a circle of 30 nm in radius and my circular PML layer drawn 10 Lambda away, where at this boundary (far field) I want to calculate the scattering cross section. I am doing all of this in the RF Module->In Plane Waves->TE Waves->Scattering Harmonic Propagation.

Scattering cross section to me seems to be defined differently depending on what text book you are looking at. The one I see most is:

Csca = (1/|Eincident|^2) Integral (|Escattered|^2) dr

So here are my more specific questions.

1. Would you take Eincident to be E0iz_rfweh or Ez?
2. Is scEZ the Escattered filed I am looking for or do I have to subtract out the incident field?

Any input on your experiences calculating scattering cross sections would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back