Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Saturation resistance(CE configuration).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urmi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone please tell me what factors the saturation resistance in CE configuration depends upon?

It seems that Vce(sat) is fixed for a particular value of Ib...but I can't understand why this is so....afterall,in the saturation region,the value of Ib does not have any effect on value of Ic,so I guess the Vce(sat) should really be independnt of all factors...can anyone explain this?

I think the saturation voltage exists as the difference between the volts drop of the forward biased base-emitter junction and the base-collector junction. The base-collector junction has a lower drop so the collector cannot reach zero. If it tries, it reduces the base drive which prevents the collector dropping further.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.