Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sata to usb Circuit Diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

pengasus

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is there anyone who can provide me a detailed circuit diagram on how to create my own SATA to USB cable/accessory? I was thinking it won't be that complicated since SATA only has 7 output ports and USB with 4. Power Supply won't be a problem since I already have a Regulated 12V Power Supply.

Hi,

Isn't it a matter of Data and GND connection? I was just considering the 7 pinned port of SATA, [GND A+ A- GND B+ B- GND] while USB is [Vcc+ D+ D- Vcc-]. I thought it would be a simple circuit with a singe IC and a little circuitry.

I guess, you won't connect USB to your telephone line or a wall outlet due to a certain number of contacts?

You need to understand the nature of the interface and protocol. The USB-to-STA bridge can be in fact "a simple circuit with a singe IC", but the IC is far from being simple. Google "usb to sata bridge" to catch a glimpse.

I have to do a further understanding about this. Thank you for your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.