Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SAR values and Grid in SEMCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hntko

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am using the SEMCAD software to calculate SAR values for a model of a dipole and a flat phantom. The size of the dipole and the phantom as well as electrical parameters are as in IEC 62209-2. However, I could not obtain the SAR values as the reference in IEC 62209-2.

If I increase the Grid resolution in SEMCAD, I got a higher SAR values (comparing with those in IEC 62209-2), and if I reduce the resolution, the SAR values is lower than in IEC 62209-2. But I could not obtain a same values as in the reference. Sometimes, I can got a same value for local maximum SAR, but the Peak Avg. SAR is difference.

So, my questions are as the following.

1. Is that right if the more I increase the grid resolution in SEMCAD, the better SAR values I can obtain? (if so, why is the reference in IEC 62209-2 smaller than SAR values in case of high grid resolution?)

2. Is there any good sample file for SEMCAD that can calculate a correct SAR values? (I looked in the tutorial of SEMCAD, but when I increase grid resolution in these tutorial file, the SAR values are also changed. So, I am not sure which are reliable SAR values!!!!)

I hope guys, who are working with SEMCAD, would drop a comment here. It is quite urgent for me now. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back