Not open for further replies.

kahlenberg

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a Samsung GT-P5210 10.1 inch Tablet and it doesn't work. It doesn't charge and it doesn't switch on.
I tried following:

Reset it by pressing power and volum up OR down button simultaneously, it didn't show anything.
Leave it connected to charger more than one day. It didn't show anything.

I measured battery voltage, It shows 2.3V, yes it ist not good, but even without battery and plugged to charger, it doesn't show anything.

I connected it to Ubuntu laptop with USB cable, dmesg in Ubuntu shows some messages:
usb1-2: Manufacturer: Intel
usb1-2: SerialNumber: XXX

I measure the voltage and current on micro USB input.
It draws ~20mA less than 1s and then it stops drawing current.
I think there must be some short circuits but could not locate it.
But even if there is a short circuit, then USB functionality should also not work, laptop shows some messages if connected.

What can the problem be?
Can I repair it?
Thanks.

It's essential that you measure voltage coming from the charger when it's plugged into the tablet. It may not be easy to find suitable test points.

Sometimes I stick pins through insulation and attach my meter. (But avoid sticking pins in shielded cable since you could short-circuit the shield to inner wire.)

Measure in all situations:
* Battery pack installed
* Battery pack removed
* just as you turn on the tablet
* 2 seconds after turn-on
Etc.

Question: Is it the type of battery which should not be allowed to drop below a certain voltage? Because if it does then its useful life is over?

It is SAMSUNG T4500E 3.8V Li-Ion 6800 mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.