Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SA636 Mixer FM IF System

Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mixer fm if system

The data sheet of this part calls out FSK receiver applications. My question is will this part demodulate FM modulated analogue signals as well as digital modulated FM signals. Not at the same time but rather in two different applications? Can someone give me a clue on what the RSSI pin is used for?

mixer fm

If you asked if it works to demodulate broadcast FM, it will work, the same as demodulating FSK.
The circuit doesn’t work properly in Narrow-FM systems, as two-way radios, because is designed to demodulate high frequency deviation FM signals.

RSSI (Read Signal Strength Indicator) indicate the level of the RF signal at the input. Some RF systems use this indicator to control the transmitter output power function of the receiver input level.

sa636

vfone said:
The circuit doesn’t work properly in Narrow-FM systems, as two-way radios, because is designed to demodulate high frequency deviation FM signals.

So I'll be ok with a IF frequency of 10.7 MHz and a IF BW of 500 kHz?

sa636 receiver

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back