Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S parameter changes with transmission line length

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianjuyan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am doing some simulations with the four patch antenna array. I used lumped port. The port is connected to the probe by transmission line. And the patch is fed by probe. I already did the matching work. However, when the length of the transmission line changes, the results of S parameters also change. Is it normal? Or I make a mistake somewhere? Can someone help me?

Yes this is normal, the impedance as viewed on a smith chart will rotate round the center following the vswr circle repeating every 0.5 wavelengths.
Adding transmission lines of suitake impedance is commonly used for matching purposes.
Make you transmission line 0.5 wavelengths and the s paramters will return to the orignailly simulated values.
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.