Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Running without JTAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the read -> fuses function of the codevision screen you attached so that we can see the programmed fuses.
We are interested in the BOD fuses
Yes, i have tried to read but i am getting some error like "The communication port COM2 is not avalible use another port". I have changed the COM port from setting=>programmer
i have selected all the COM ports always giving same error all COM ports..

Maybe your programmer is not compatible to codevision.

Maybe your programmer is not compatible to codevision.
Is there any other way to read fuse bits or to know fuse bits.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any other way to read fuse bits or to know fuse bits. Fuse bits are programmable so can I change to my requirements. now?

How does your debugger work, is it through avrstudio?
Can you use AVR studio to read the fuses using jtag?

How does your debugger work, is it through avrstudio?
Can you use AVR studio to read the fuses using jtag?
I am using AS6 for debugging. I am using JTAGICE mkII. I am looking into the procedure to read fuse bits using JTAG.

Last edited:

You should be able to use the tools-> device programming in AS6

You should be able to use the tools-> device programming in AS6
Yes i have done that my fuse configuration is HIgh fuse= 0x99, Low fuse=0xFF. I have attached the image also.

- - - Updated - - -

Now can you suggest me what should i change.

Attachments

• fuseread.png
    fuseread.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 46

Please can any one suggest me what should i need to change in the code, that will start controller automatically when power on.

I have read the fuse bit configuration using JTAG, HIgh fuse= 0x99, Low fuse=0xFF. I think CKSEL and remaining bits are every thing ok.

I have doubt only on BOOTRST bit which is unprogrammed presently by setting(1).
i have to change this bit to "0", to run my controller when power on.

Please help me, what should i have to change in fuse bits or Code that my controller should run when i power on.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back