Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Run Cadence remotely - licence server

Status
Not open for further replies.

laoud

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Run Cadence remotely

Hello to everyone. I am a PhD student and i have installed cadence (ic5.1.41 and Assura 3.1.4) in my computer at home. We have the license in a server at the lab in our campus.
Does anyone know a good way on how can i access the server and get a license from there?

I am not to good at networks, so i will appreciate it if you can inform me with many details.

Re: Run Cadence remotely

just in bashrc add the url to the server, and in lic file add deamon to lice server and thats all.
you cant take the lic file from server, jusr you can access it ! and of course uni had to give u permit for that.

cheers

Re: Run Cadence remotely

The simplest way is to copy licences from server to your home computer :)
If you want to use network forr accessing your licenses, you have to be shure that computer at your uni can open access to it's cadence licenses over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.