Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTL coding guidelines ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viju

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi , I am new in EDA.
Can any one tell me what are the RTL coding guidelines for the sucessful synthesis ? Why they are important? Advantages ?

Thanks,
VJ

Hi VJ,

RTL coding guide lines needs to be followe to avoid the the simulation and synthesis mismatch. And also for the desired synthesis results.

You search on the web, you will get many documents on it.
I would suggest you to refere the papers published by Cliff Cumming on verilog coding.

Hope this helps you and makes you doubt clear...

Regards,
Tarang

viju

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
viju said:
Hi , I am new in EDA.
Can any one tell me what are the RTL coding guidelines for the sucessful synthesis ? Why they are important? Advantages ?

Thanks,
VJ
An excellent reference to RTL coding guidelines is the popular Reuse Methodology Manual

**broken link removed**

Almost all Lint tools come with rulesets that will check your RTL for this compliance.

Also, books on HDL synthesis will help you understand the rationale, such as HDL Synthesis Primer by Bhasker.

As an extension of this, in Verification there is VMM - Verification Methodology Manual, though it is much much more than just coding guidelines. See www.noveldv.com or www.vmm-sv.org for more.

HTH
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

good designs are done with sysnthesis keeping in mind and working according to frequencies for good sta and sritical paths

viju said:
Hi , I am new in EDA.

Thanks,
VJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back